View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 08:35 AM   #10
NC_John

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Steveo, thanks for the write up. FiTech should pay you some money, im sure i am not the only one that has bought their system until reading this. lol I just bought the 600hp power adder with FCC. i excited to get it and install it, I have a question that i am not completely understanding. You mention that you had to run a vent line back to the tank? I have an aftermarket tank under the bed. I obviously have a carb now and am converting to this new FiTech EFI, but im concerned with what or why you needed to run a vent line. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
You do have to run a return line if you run the command center. If the float sticks in the command center it will overflow fuel from the cc tank and out the vent (to wherever you have that going). If you have it going to the ground instead of back to the tank, on a long enough drive you could theoretically pump your entire fuel tank out on the street (and that is if it doesn't catch on fire under the hood).

That pissed me off immensely when I did mine because of how they advertise it as a "returnless" system.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote