View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #253
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Sunday morning I got up and finished connecting the park brake that I had modified last weekend. Once the cable was attached and the mechanism bolted in the park brake works perfectly. I still need to tie the cable down with the clamps from the 89 and I will have to relocate the dimmer switch by a couple of inches since it is now tucked up under the park brake lever. After that I set the front clip on and threaded in a couple of bolts. By then it was time to go to church.

Name:  eee.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  51.8 KB

Following church I tried setting the radiator in the 4-core lower mounts that I had moved to the new position. Oops, the drain petcock hits the power steering box! I removed the petcock and now the radiator clears the steering box by about 3/16th of an inch.

Name:  fff.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  96.5 KB

Today I dropped off the radiator from the 89 to be re-cored with cut down tanks. They said it will be ready on Thursday

I will still need to get new radiator hoses, hopefully finding something to fit wont be to big of a challenge. I will also have to re-engineer the battery tray as a modification that I made a few years back is encroaching in to the area where the wider radiator needs to sit.

I must say that as little time was spent setting the front clip back on the truck, it registered as a huge accomplishment; it put the fire back in me

In making this post I realized I haven't done as well taking pictures, I'll try to fix that next weekend.

Have a good week everyone!

-Richard