View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
jaydex

Re: 1972 4 x 4 blazer frame up

I tried downloading pics see if that works. Basically this is where I am at drivetrain is almost complete. Brakes are done,Diffs are sealed and in. I will dismantle everything once I have it all mocked up and paint.
This will be difficult for me because I was not the one who dismantled it and
not going to be totally sure on how it all goes together. I will probably end up buying and old farm truck for the many pieces I am missing and to see
how some of the things go back together. Routing wires, cables, and brake lines is going to be a challenge.
Questions what kind of angle should I put on the rear end to line up the pinion angle better.? Seems pretty steep? Also not sure the lifted leaf springs are proper? Does the frames on these sit slightly higher in the back without a load. I was going for 4" lift front and back but I bought these springs over a year ago now I am questioning if I got the right ones.

Tomorrow I will try and make some kind of jig and find a good place to attach so I can lift body on and off with gantry. Then I can put doors on to check how straight everything is and brace it up. After that body will probably go on a rotisserie.
jaydex is offline   Reply With Quote