Thread: Winter Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
Moarplease

Re: Winter Upgrades

Took a break on the truck to iron out some garage stuff. I picked up a Barrel Blaster sandblasting cabinet out of Texas (Made in the USA!)

Been doing my research on what to do to get the CFM i needed (12 @ 90psi was the goal) in the least expensive and space available way I could. I have a 30 gallon mobile Craftsman compressor that puts out 6 CFM so adding a second unit would double my CFM. I found one on CL 8 minutes from my house for sale used. I picked it up as it checked out, has the same motor as my current one, and I was happy with the price. It is not identical as the tank is only 20 gallons instead of the 30.

I plumbed them into the same line, added multiple air driers, ordered a check valve for the smaller tanked unit, and hooked it up to the cabinet. I got a Dust Deputy and mounted it to a 5 gallon bucket to keep my shop vac from clogging fast. Tried it out and was very pleased with the results. Yesterday the final piece was installed. I had two dedicated circuits installed, one for each compressor, so that popping breakers and dimming lights was pretty much eliminated. I live on a slab so luckily conduit (almost to small with what was in it already) was in place so that we could get the wires there.

This will add to the easy of painting old suspension parts greatly amungst other things!

Here are some results pics....

Front bumper brackets I purchased as they were missing

Upper control arms

I also received my C-notches and started mocking them up so I can cut the frame to install them

They will obviously move up on the frame.

More to come...

Adam
Moarplease is offline   Reply With Quote