View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #244
Lattimer

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Well I have a whole system and FCC in a box downstairs in my basement. Came across it used and couldn't resist. Any ideas about how to vent this thing on a Suburban?
Here is how I understand it.

The FCC needs a vent. Otherwise it would vapor lock. The problem is is the float in the FCC ever malfunctions, it could send fuel out the vent. So they want the vent plumbed into tank like a return line. The vent needs to be above the fuel level.

I'm not all that familiar with the Suburbans, but if the tank is like most under-body tanks the sending unit should be on the top of the tank. So all you would need to do is remove the sender, drill a hole and either install a bulkhead fitting or weld on a nipple to the sender to attach the vent.

I could do the same on my pickup, but when the tank is full the whole sender is below the level of the fuel in the tank, and according to FiTech thats no good.

So I'm left with the external pump and return option. My concern there is fuel slosh when cornering since the stock tank is not baffled. I'm worried it will sputter when the pickup is uncovered. I think one of those fuel pickup mats from Holley might fix that issue, but I haven't decided to pull the trigger yet. And I have a perfectly good running carb, so spending the $$$ hasn't been a priority yet. Kinda waiting to see more people with some miles on the FiTech to make my decision, and I'm also interested in the new Holley kit.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote