View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #2594
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
How is the alternate vehicle search going? I think that the S-10 is a good idea, they're just not roomy enough for me. I'm thinking a big station wagon like you found before, something comfortable on road trips.

Spring weather is starting to show up here in the Ozarks. It's a perfect time to hit the junkyards… no bugs or snakes yet.

Hope springtime weather comes to merry ol' England soon. And hope your congestion has cleared up.

Thanks for checking in Clem.

Never even sat in an S-10 but believe it would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ's Sierra Grande View Post
we just sold our 01 gmc Sonoma extended cab fleet side long box,(gmc equivalent to S10) only because the wife slid it into a guard rail three weeks ago on ice and took out the front end. I fixed it all 7 years ago when she slid into the neighbours fence on ice (lol) but had to say no to this time as it would not have made sense to invest the amount in repair parts. However, it had the 4.3 and I had no complaints with it whenever I would borrow it as far as power is concerned. the only thing to watch for is the bottom of the doors tend to rust out. That could be more so over here because they put so much salt on the roads in winter but definitely an area to look at for problems. As far as interior room, i'm six feet and 250lb and it wasn't that bad. You guys are all used to compacts over there anyway so it probably would do just fine.lol good luck.

Checked insurance today and over 20 year old is cheaper, regardless of engine size, so it may be older model 4.3

Quick update for those who still follow on here.

Friday I went in early to my GP practice to get some bloods drawn for prostate testing, however, not sure why the needed so many tubes.
The lady who did my bloods was possibly the best phlebotomist I have ever come across.
She also heard my chest when I coughed and suggested I make an appointment for the afternoon, which I did.
This resulted in antibiotics and a GP telling me I should look after myself better.

When I got home, Tony my plumber, sparky and general handyman had been in to service my heating system again, draining it and replacing some switch gear in the boiler.

He sent a pic of the inside of some of the pipe work, no wonder the system was not firing up properly

On Friday night we had real heating, what a pleasure.

Saturday was booked to replace the carpeting in both my lodger bedroom and the main bedroom as I chose 6 years ago when we moved in here, not to replace those carpets as there was too much furniture to move about.
Of course in the mean time prices have gone up and now was going to be the right time with no lodger, I could move furniture around etc.

Miss Katy had come over as well for her weekend to help move stuff and to drive the bucket and mop as well as the Polish and duster cloth.

So by 09.30 Shane, who had carpeted the rest of the house over the last 6 years, was here with a 80% wool blend carpet and some new 15 year guaranteed under felt.

I had volunteered to help him not just make the tea.

Shane reversed up my drive.

Lodgers room floor, house built in 1921.

Final result of £720.00 worth of work, very satisfied.

Also been chatting with Dennis in St Louis, Missouri. This week he has been building and painting this truck.

One of the nicest ones in my opinion.

On its way now to Kansas City for a Car show.

Almost got a Hot Wheels feel to it.

Really looking forward to my chest getting well after 5 weeks now, as I have a load of little jobs to get on with.

Later guys.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote