Thread: Scotts HotRods
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #13
Bowtie67

Well I wish you better luck, I would not intend to install anything to you have all the parts. A couple issues I have had you should be aware of.

1. mock the setup put together, check you lower control arm and make sure with the spring on it that it is not level, Lower Control Arm should be pointing down to the ground, once it is installed and with a load on it should be level. The shocks I got fully extended my lower arm was straight out, the replaced shocks after waiting for 3+weeks were the exact same ones and had to wait another 2 weeks before I got another set to try.
2. I don't know how low you are going with your truck, I had orginally wanted about a 4 to 5" drop, but when I put my truck together with the springs and lowered spindles the top of the tire would have been rubbing the top of my inner fender.
3. I had to replace my stearing column to the shortes thing I could find and even then I am still having a slight bind because of the angles I have been forced to use, This is caused by the upper control arm being right smack in the way.
4. Also in my biggest issue, There is ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION AT ALL ABOUT INSTALLATION. Did you see this part on the Nove sight?

And you are right about the guys being happy with the items they have gotten, mainly the quality, but as I had stated earlier about the wait on parts and I find very little reason for an excuse is the fact that these parts are off the shelf items that they are owed and there should not be a delay of 4-6 weeks waiting for these items. I have been told by Jeph several times that he would ship direct from source to me and didn't receive any parts for well over three weeks and Ben is who told me that the owner is the one who does the ordering, so even though they tell you they will ship it tomorrow it has to get ordered by the owner.

As I stated earlier I really do wish you good luck.
2009 Toyota Tundra
1996 Harley RoadKing

"I maybe getting old, but I can still burn rubber with the best of them"
Bowtie67 is offline   Reply With Quote