View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM   #222
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Big weekend for this old pickup! Saturday morning, we started out lowering the truck more. It had a 2/3 drop in it and looked good but I wanted it lower. I opted for a 5.5/7 drop from CPP. The front is 3" springs with their modular 2.5" drop spindles and the rear is 5" springs with 2" blocks. It went together mostly without a hitch, it was sure nice only being in there a few miles ago

My buddy let us use his lift, it was so nice working on this thing not on the ground.

About an hour later, we had the front done

The rear challenged us a bit more, we had a burr on one of the u-bolts that hung us up but luckily it was low enough on the threads that we cut the bad part out and used the stock nuts. I also had to relocate my sway bar from on top of the axle to below the axle. Nothing major.

Had to cut the hitch off, it would have drug on everything

Tucking tire at full droop. Perfect!

Something that I saw when I put the truck together but never paid attention to was my passenger rear fender. It had been rubbed on something and pushed in pretty far. A little work with a piece of tube and it's mostly good as new.

Here it is, 4 hours after we started. It looks so much better and still rides ok with the factory shock mounts. I'll have no limit rear shock mounts on it and a relocation kit for the upper mount on the front shocks soon

Here's the part that I'm still in shock about. I came back by in the evening and my buddy that I've been helping on car/truck projects in the last year had a surprise for me. He picked me up a 2002 5.3 with about 160,000 miles on it and a few other things I wanted when I do the swap. It'll have a car intake on it, bigger injectors, etc. Should be pretty rowdy! There's a big C10 meet a few hours North of me in May so I'll have the truck back together for that. Time to get busy

Keep an eye on the thread in the coming months to check out my progress