Thread: Scotts HotRods
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

As I stated, Roger has the experience I am just the customer. He feels confident after talking to them they will come through. The last one he ordered from them was only two weeks late. It came with everything needed "except" the big brake upgrade.

According to Jeph they still are on back order from Wilwood. As I said, I "do not" have faith in Scotts, I have faith in Roger at Stoked Out Specialties.

Some of the issues you have won't apply to me. My IFS is a bag set up. We will be rebuilding the front frame rails to match the IFS so I can run the stock a/c compressor on an LS1.

I will end up with 10"+ of drop. I have already sectioned and raised my inner fenders and fender liners. I plan to run a 28" tall tire, so I will probably have to rework this again.

No matter whose IFS you run, you will need to add an extra knuckle in your steering shaft to prevent binding. Even the modified stock crossmember drop requires this.

Yes, I did see the "no info" part and that is just wrong. They should have some info even if it minimal. Fortunately Roger has been doing this for years, and doesn't "need" instructions. Even with his experience he would still "prefer" to have them.

My guess is the reason you can't get "off the shelf" parts is they aren't on the shelf. They probably wait till they get a large enough order to get a price break. Another thought is there seems to be a mad rush for everyone to convert to an IFS. I can only assume that the suppliers of the common parts are rather back logged too.

Some one stated on the Nova forum that the credit card company couldn't do anything till after 30 days. I haven't reached that mark yet, so it's too early to get them involved. I'll give it another 2 weeks and see where I am at.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote