View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #25
Pick

Re: '65 Chevy Bel Air Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
Okay, I need some opinions on the samples I got for the interior. I want to do a C10 Highlander style seat (they rock!!!) but in the factory colors this car came with. I had SMS Auto Upholstery make up a Highlander plaid in aqua, dark green & black for the seat insert, and the Aqua madrid vinyl (factory '65 color) will be the outer part of the seat. I'm having trouble trying to decide whether or not to do a true Highlander style seat with vinyl separating the cloth inserts or with a full cloth insert like the factory Bel Air seat has. I'm leaning toward doing the full cloth insert like the Bel Air seat had. I will be changing the black dash pad to dark green and the carpet will be a aqua/dark green nylon loop.

First pic is a Highlander seat
Second is a factory '65 Bel Air in the Aqua/dark green that my wagon came in.
The rest are the samples I got.

So.... Any thoughts or input on this?
I say go for the Highlander style with the vinyl strip in the middle! (for what that's worth.)

The Bel Air seat has the contrasting aqua panel printed into the cloth insert, so doing the Highlander style seat wouldn't be drastically different visually, but would still be different. (if that makes any sense)

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote