View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What's the trick for pulling a park brake assembly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
Do this! You only need to spread it enough (the diameter of the cable) so the cable itself will fit through the slot you have created. As stated before do not try to remove the ball. Everything remaining will easily fit through the hole.
BINGO, you guys were right. I tried to remove it from the frame as stated above, to pull it from inside the cab. I have no idea what's going on there, and I'll save it for when the body is off. It's not as simple as one nut (of course not), and I managed to mutilate the "grommet" that holds it in place in the process. I should have payed more attention to what you guys were saying. Removing the cable retainer on the frame near the top front shock seemed to help, gave me some play. Thanks for everyone's help.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote