View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:19 AM   #265
redbaron

Re: 72 Cheyenne K10 SWB Numbers Matching

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
redbaron, your right, the rear wheels need to be centered. How did you do that, did you modify the spring or change the hole location on the perch that the spring sits on? Also, I can't see any of the exhaust system in any pictures except for the manifolds. How did you finish out your exhaust system? I love your truck, I've already referred back to your post/pictures several times as I work on my project.
The top spring is the locating spring. I believe the top spring is 52" long with the center hole in the middle, making it 26" each way from center. By moving the hole back 3/4" the axle is moved back that far. Spring steel can't really be drilled, so i think the spring companies punch the holes. I had Alcan build all the springs on the K10. When orderings from them they will find out what you intend to do with your individual vehicle and then build them accordingly. Alcan is second to none. Not sure if they would make one top locating spring for a person or not.

The exhaust is tucked nicely along the frame and exits out the rear even with the back bumper. It's basically hidden. We used Magnaflow mufflers and I love the sound. If we ever get our hoist freed up I'll take pictures and post them.

We have been busy doing a lot of rust repairs on a 71 Blazer for a customer and are getting started on our 72 C10 SWB Cheyenne project. The Roadster Shop Fast Track frame arrived about 2 weeks ago for it. What a jewel. Need to find time to start a build thread for this crazy ride.

Thanks for the compliments.
1969 Camaro Protouring LS7 T-56 Project

Last edited by redbaron; 02-18-2017 at 01:31 AM.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote