View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #130
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

fixed the gas tank on the eye-talian. there was a legitimate 1/4" hole! like someone drained the gas tank! they had used "super seal" but that is made to patch rust weeping or seal in a clamped application. all it did was poke out a long finger of gas that eventually broke, keeping the tank almost completely empty. I drilled it out to 5/16 and used a flanged 3/8" bolt that I tapered the end of and cut a slot in so it would tap its own threads. when it was about 1/4" from seating against the tank I used some JB weld tank seal behind the flange and tightened it the rest of the way, then smoothed out the tank seal. worked great! no leaks.

I also drianed the rusty donor tank and diagnosed the poor running. the fuel filter was plugged up and when I pulled the tank pump I figured out what with, the sock had disintegrated and the blockage upstream was so severe that the hose between the pump and metal tube had blown out. no wonder it ran like dog poo.

put the brake lines in and stabbed the motor. the shocks bottomed out, guess I need some shorter ones. I think these may be fullsize shocks even though he said they were S10. the rear ones fit perfect though.

found some 7/16" grade 8s, had to go with 4" because they had 3" and 4" and beggars cant be choosers.

this is the driveshaft length I need. a reg cab unmodified driveshaft is 53". freaking yeah buddy.

stripped the dash for paint and rewiring.

tomorrow I put the cab on and look at the front fender spacing. wish me luck!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote