View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #1014
mjensen

Re: 69 GMC "Ol' Blue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
__it happens. You'll get it worked out Mike.
Thank you for the words of encouragement Rick! I appreciate it!

On that note, I was able to get it worked out! Quite honestly I rather enjoyed tracing everything down and troubleshooting the root cause. So the issue was that the computer was not grounding out the injectors. I started checking the high side of the harness. 12v on both sides, so that was fine. Checked continuity of the ground wires to the computer next, also checked out good. Measured resistance of the injectors, check. Measured the resistance in the wiring, good there too. Checked the voltage coming out of the TPS, that was good as well. So I started to think that the computer was not receiving the proper signals to fire. It would run when spraying carb cleaner, so I knew I had spark, but the GM Ignition modules can fail on the signal side so I replaced that as well. Turns out, that wasn't the issue either. By this point, I'm getting very frustrated thinking that maybe it's a ground issue. I mean, I did completely gut and rebuild the harness. So, after some searching on the old interweb, something caught my attention. The computer not only sends a signal to power the fuel relay on pin A1 (which was working because the FP was powering up for the 2 seconds upon key-on), but it also needs to receive a signal from the FP circuit to know if it's actually on. I looked at my diagrams again, and saw that pin B2 is where this signal should be coming from. So, I leaped off the couch and went back out in the garage. Wouldn't you know it? No wire hooked up to it!!! So, today's task before I leave town is to tie B2 into the FP circuit and see if that is in fact my issue. Maybe today is the day to hear this baby run without the need of carb cleaner

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote