View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 06:08 AM   #73
jocko

Re: pics of truck campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Oh. I misunderstood
No power tools in that space.
Also the paint is not as smooth as all other areas, because you can't lay it on correctly
But looks fine, you can't tell unless you run your hand over it
The hardest part is getting the cab clearance lights off, and then back on
I've still got one to go,it ain't easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeejohn View Post
I used to paint large utility trucks/equip for a living back in the late 90's, It was all for our power/electric provider here in Maryland, Baltimore Gas & Electric co./ BGE and when it came to prepping/painting those tight areas like that roof between the camper It is a PITA, but it can be done properly. For those cab lights, I used a specialty screwdriver from Matco that has a 90* bend in it close to the head. For prep, it was hand or block(if it fit) sanding and prep solvent/ tack cloth. For paint it was turn the flow up to heavy and the fan spray down to a tight pattern and hold the gun back a bit. Its kinda like those carnival games where you have to shoot the water gun into the little hole from just too far away, that's about the best explanation for that part, lol. And don't be afraid to lay it heavy there either. I don't miss that work!
Thanks! So it is doable, just not fun. Probably better than removing the camper or the cab I guess. Good info, thanks again.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote