View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #776
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
Awesome build! Subscribed to watch this beast come together!
Thanks for following. Hopefully I'll have some progress to post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Dig the PCM mount setup! I love that pic with all the wiring too. It brings back fond memories
Thanks Mike. I've had to ditch that mount for the ECM. The fuse panel is still there, but the harness was too short and would require I extend about 3/4 of the entire harness to get that location to work. Plus, the connectors are pretty tall and it wanted to share space with the back of the seat.

It made more sense to put it on the floor under the seat. I have about 4" from the seat mount to the top of the seat frame and the top of the connector is about 3.5" from the mount point. I should have enough space for the ECM to sit on the floor without interference. I still need to put the seat in and see how much it sags when I'm sitting on it.

I haven't determined where it will sit exactly yet, but it can go anywhere under either side of the seat and probably still be fine, as long as it's near the center position, just not actually in the center... the floor is raised there. I just need to figure out the best location for clearance when someone is sitting in the seat.

It will be something like this:

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)

Last edited by knomadd; 07-14-2017 at 12:23 PM.
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote