View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #171
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

Now we're making progress! I got the Sniper kit bolted down so I could start seeing how things will route and lay out.

The Temp Sensor location is a little bit tight with the A/C compressor, but it does clear and fit fine.

The throttle and TV cable bracket interferes with where I had the coil mounted, however. So I removed the coil and will need to find a different place to mount it.

My next hang up was the throttle cable itself. Installed as-stock on the Sniper bracket, the cable was extremely loose! The pedal would go about halfway to the floor before it engaged the cable, so all the way pegged was barely half throttle on the EFI unit. My solution to this was to cut a thin slice in the plastic retainer cup on the cable, and move it back to the next clip. This gave me almost a perfect tension, but it was still just a hair tight on the cable. I removed the pedal and bent the top of the arm in just slightly, so now I have about 1/8"+ of free play on the cable, and it bottoms out on the carpet right at full throttle. I may do some research and see if there is a shorter throttle cable available, such as a V6 or TBI cable, as this one is pretty long and has a good loop in it. It works fine as is, but I would be more comfortable if I could take some of that out.

The last thing I did for the day was fab up a quick little heat shield for the fuel lines and pump where they exit the tank. I made a smaller one for the pump itself too, but apparently I'll need to get a picture of it next time I'm out there. This should alleviate any potential heat issues as well as hopefully extend the life of the pump!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote