View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #1977
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
Vic, you nailed it on the front bumper.... I've looked at some trucks at the shows and always thought of how good that looked. As far as the rear, I would of never thought about doing what you've done, it looks awesome as well. Keep it up and get some paint on that thing.
Thanks, Jason. I'm falling behind my schedule a little bit, but it looks like spring may be here early, so I hope I can catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
X2 what Jason said . Awesome work Vic!
Hey, thanks Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon 1967 GMC View Post
Hope your Dad is doing alright.
Thanks for asking... he's had a few setbacks recently. Thought he might have broken a hip, but after multiple doctor visits, the MRI indicated he had a muscle tear in his hip (plus gallstones and a cyst on one of his kidneys)... no wonder he was in pain. He starts physical therapy in two weeks which was the first opening they had. He's a tough old bird, though. I'm sure he'll walk it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I like the way the back came out. Good job!
Thanks, Chip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
The bumpers look great.. the back certainly looks like it was easier to do than the front... LOL
It definitely was, Dan. Plus I took it a lot slower on the welding so I didn't create as many problems as I did up front.

In between doctor appointments and other "stuff", I've been making a little progress. The front bumper is ready for a coat of Slick Sand and I've got the filler panel for the rear under construction. As with the front, the rear bumper is curved, so the filler panels have to be massaged to follow the bumper lip. Had to remove the tailgate for access, but once I had the filler panels cleco'd in place, I took off the rear bumper and started doing bodywork in earnest. More to come...
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote