View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:24 AM   #122
El Dorado Jim

Re: gm crate engine question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRMW View Post
BILT4ME Rock Auto has a Dorman balancer for about $30.00 plus shipping and it is probably made by the same rice farmer as the GM one at 1/3 the price. Get Radley to give you a price they may do better with the sale of the engine. Buy a water pump locally and get the lifetime warranty if you are keeping the vehicle. Keep us posted and see if the parts guy at Radley will check the engine to see if they drilled all of the heat shield holes in the block. Good luck, Capt. Roger
yeah,I just didn't want the hassle of trying to find the correct balancer....I bought a new waterpump from autozone with a lifetime warranty...you will need the rod and plate from your old engine for the fuel pump,and the oil filter adapter as well....I went to pick n pull and got extras ,so I could keep my old engine complete,it still runs good, I may put it in an old beater... also, I didn't like the little metal plug for the dipstick hole on the passenger side,so i used a 3/8 " bolt,cut off the threads ,left about 3/4 " solid piece and used gasgacinch to hold it in....that way the plug can never drop in the engine.....you will need to use your dipstick tube and dipstick also
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote