View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #20
dsterley

Re: 65 c10 SWB step side

Well it's been a little while since I've last posted. Spent most the time waiting on parts while slowly working on miscellaneous things. Started off stripping the trailing arms, rear axle, and some of the cross supports for the bed. Got those all cleaned up and shot them with some primer as well as a couple coats of gloss black. Before painting the axle I removed the diff cover, drained all of the old oil and replaced the gasket. Also received some parts while I was out in the garage, new U-bolts, front trailing arm bolts, and a new track bar mount.

While waiting on paint to dry my new aluminum tank finally came. Went with 20 gallon tank from CPP. Also received an adjustable track bar.

Let the paint dry over night and spent the next day getting the tank installed as well as removing the old fuel lines and running the new line.

At a point now where I'm waiting for my trailing arm bushings to get here so I can start putting the rear back together. Been slowly finishing some small projects, replaced the brake lines on the axle, cleaned up and painted the lower shock mounts, and spring retainers.

Finally received the invoice for the bushings so they should ship out today. hopefully will get them early next week and have to good progress and updates to show.
dsterley is offline   Reply With Quote