View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
That's how I felt too.

Mate CraigRK was baby sitting this weekend with his wife out in the Canary Islands getting pampered and eating salad.

I had made good progress with Prozac for the Soul and decided to take in the alloys to and get the tyres to be switched over this morning.

I always use KwikFit in Stroud as they have always treated me well.

While I went there, Craig and his daughter drove over and let themselves in at my place.
The wheels took a bit longer than planned, but I got home by 12.15 and then we had a good time, garage and other stuff.

Sticking the standard 175 tyres on the VTR rims meant a bit of stretch, that actually looks good to me.

Came home via the carwash, weather was a bit dull, but very pleased with the outcome.

We also removed the side strips with the intention to add the checkered stickers down the side but found that it is only red and blank, so I need a strip of white to add under the checkers.

Also found some great repairs under the side trim...... part of the cars history and the signature of a top flight body shop.
It really is quite rough.

Craig left early by 4pm as he had a viewer coming over for his ML that is up for sale.

So I went to the garage later to gloat as I am still pleased with the car and the change appeals to me. Minus side trim and with the wheels.

I am looking forward to the rest of this coming together.

It will certainly be a Marmite car once done, some of you will laugh, some cry and some will outright hate it.

Weekend over again.........

Thanks for looking in.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote