View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #175
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

Thank you! I'm excited too, hopefully there won't be any major issues with it. So far my only complaint is that the throttle bracket is kind of cheesy...it has a little room to rotate, and when the trans cable bracket is bolted to it, the bolt interferes with the throttle cable. It works, but could be better. Everything else I'm happy with though.

I spent most of the weekend doing nothing but wiring, wiring, and more wiring. Mostly trying to get things routed to make it look as clean as possible while keeping things from rubbing on each other. It's always surprising how many things still need to be hooked up, even with a "barebones" build!

I started off with cleaning the harness and applying new conduit. I left a few of the small wires uncovered because I wanted to be able to lay the harness in and see where the best place to bring them out would be.

Also got the rest of my P-clips and ran the fuel lines up to the throttle body. This is the best way I could run them so they won't rub anywhere. I still need to get a separator for the lower side though. Coming up from the frame, plenty of radius for engine movement:

As they come up onto the engine (notice my high tech spacer):

And up over the valve cover. This bracket I robbed off the old Vortec intake, I have a clamp to go here, it should show up today.

Wires coming from the battery:

Harness coming up onto the valve cover (will be secured later on):

You can also spot a few of the vacuum lines running to the back of the throttle body:

Out the other side. I also installed the transmission harness at this time too, as well as the brake booster line.

And finally, wires for the alternator, and a general lookover:

Hey look at that, something actually works!

I also picked up a fitting for the PCV inlet

Finally, I picked up some light duty battery clamps. These will be used strictly for the EFI main power wires, as Holley is very specific about running those wires directly to the battery. This will guarantee me a good connection as well as prevent me from having to cut up the stock battery cables.

One final note, I hooked up the charcoal canister from the TBI truck I pulled it from. I did a lot of research and as best as I could tell, it simply plugs directly into a vacuum port with no solenoids at all. I ran this line to ported vacuum on the EFI kit, so it will only be pulling fumes when the throttle is open. I also installed a one-way valve inline so nothing can go back to the canister. I assume this is the correct way to install this style? There was not a lot of information out there concerning these.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote