Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #803
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Special note: "This is my rant section, and has nothing to do with my build blog." As others are reading this just know that I am not the type of guy who likes to park my ride at a show, grab my fold up chair, and plop down in a black parking lot and cook all day with hundreds of guys coming by and picking apart my vehicles. I really like to take my vehicles on adventures.

To give you an idea... This year's desire is to go to Dino's show in Phoenix and then spend some time seeing friends and family in the Tucson area. I like to take my rides out and drive them. I try to make them as reliable as possible, so that I can run them down as much black top as possible. If going to shows is your thing, fine. I like shows, don't get me wrong, but a vehicle is made for a purpose and I think they should be used as often as possible.

When the very first Power Tour was run I was there to meet the 12 cars that did that trek across this great country of ours. I was in the shop right after that and built a car to go run with those early tours. They were amazing fun trips. We did more in that week trekking across the US than most car guys do in a life time. However those Power Tour events are now uber boring. Sorry if you like them, again that's fine, but if you were around when they first were charging down the road verses today you would understand why I said that. We did not have GPS, and we (the Power Tour folks) actually got kicked out of venues because the locals were getting too rowdy, AKA Chicago 1997! Now that was a great time trust me! Then there was the time we arrived at the final stop at Mt. Clemons, MI. All the local guys parked in the tour spots and placed barricades on all the streets! So we threw all the barricades out of the way and just jammed the entire street with every car on the tour until no one could move until we left. They did this to us not once but two times over the years!! I could fill page after page with the stuff we did...

So if you are reading this, I want you to think of a great show or a destination this year. If you want to go to Dino's show with me perfect. Get your truck ready, and then come back to me and let me know... I'm serious. I might have to pick out a central spot where we can all meet, haul ourselves there, check out the sights, eat some good meals, and then blast back home. We also need to come up with a name for this... Alright you have you're assignments! GO!!

Last edited by 75Dually; 03-26-2017 at 09:20 PM.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote