View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:27 AM   #10
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Ochre radio delete plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm glad Lolife99 got what he needed. But for future reference, it's actually not cool at all to play tag team on parts like this. You see the part, you send your buddy, and hope he sees it and responds in the thread before one of all your "other buddies" claims it. This worked out fine because there were no other responses to muddy it up. Because saying you are getting in line for someone else does not equate to saying you will take it, there's really no point in it. The next member can come along and claim it.

I consider both of you my friends and don't want to piss anyone off. What I do want is for you to take a look at the big picture, put yourself in the position of the others, so you can see what's right. It's cool to be looking out for fellow members on parts you know they need, but hoping in and holding up a sale for someone else isn't. I've seen where that other buddy came to the thread and didn't buy the part, too.
I agree.
I did get a PM to tell me about the item for sale and I jumped on it.
I guess the better thing for a member to do instead of saying " I'll get in line",... is to say, "hey contact member Lolife99, because he is looking for one of these".
I have done this many times for member joesjunk, when I see a nice tailgate,... because I know he collects them.

I'm glad it worked out without issue.
I appreciate the pm from member richard2717!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote