View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #22
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: '72 barn find (kinda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Wow !! I hope I never try to sell my truck the way people hammer on others about the price tag on a truck. I am not thinking it is worth 15k but what makes it worth any less than some of the others you see sold around here ? So by the two pictures (which are about the same shot), all the experts have determined it isn't even worth buying

I am not seeing where it looks so bad myself, I do not care for the newer bed neither but I have seen those on here plenty. It looks like it would clean up well to me, I would talk to him and see if he would allow it to be started, it may or may not and then determine what it may be worth. In the end it is really up to you and what you are willing to pay for what.
A lot of board members, like me, are looking at trucks and prices everyday. I'm not saying that truck isn't with 15k to someone but for 15k I know I could find a running driving more original short step for that money. Case in point. This original 72 Cheyenne Short Step was advertised for 14k when I looked at last summer and there was some wiggle room there. If it had working factory A/C I probably would have bought it and sold my Highlander. With this truck, write the check, jump in , turn the key and rock and roll.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote