View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
72MARIO

Re: LS swap radiator, other than entropy and R&D

I got my rad from Sparkey R&D the quality looks to be good and I have had no problems with cooling "the engine"

. I didn't do my home work and missed that on his ls swap rads the outlets are moved to the passengers side. That made for a nightmare finding hoses that fit. He was no help making suggestions on what could work. In the end 1996 jeep grand Cherokee 4.0 hoses fit great.

He did tell me the transmission cooler was moved to the drivers side. That's fine. That makes running the transmission lines a little more difficult. I got over it and the problems mounting the fan shroud.

I was very specific when I ordered it that I wanted to use the factory fan shroud and did not want to modify mounts to make it fit. Well it turns out if you have 3 core mounts the fan shroud will not fit. You need 4 Core mounts

Here is a picture of my transmission temperature without a external cooler also look at the intake air temperature to have a Idea how hot it was out side. I ended up bypassing the rad trans cooler and went with a B&M super cooler and fan kit. I have a ton of money into my 4l80E and cant risk 220+ temperatures empty cursing the hwy.
Attached Images

1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote