Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #818
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS399 View Post
Looking good. I would love to say that I could make that run but probably not going to happen this year. Keep us posted if you make some other runs or decide to come further north.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I have high hopes of taking my 40 Ford on power tour, but it'll likely not happen. I like shows, but i like to go to the bigger ones and drive more than set. The drive between them was the fun part for me. I drove/drive mine daily and not just to shows. I plan to drive the wheels off all of them this summer.

I doubt I get as far south as you this year though. I'd like to get to Austin for the rod show there some day. My car would not fit in there so IDK if I will or not.
I like your plans! I bet we both burn up a lot of gas this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
Although mine seems like it may never get done, I am of the same mentality. I want most everything I build to be able to go on long trips. My biggest motivation for getting the diesel was definitely the mileage boost over the 454.

Build it right, build it reliable and there is no reason to keep it locked up at home never to see the road between lawn chair shows. Roadkill has made me more likely to drive some of the stuff I have further than I normally would before being finished as well haha.

The wrap is killer! A little brighter than I would go but the grey really brings it back in to the perfect balance or colors.
I would really like a diesel power plant, but that is not in the budget right now. As far as Roadkill goes, I'm a huge fan, I really dig that show. However you and I do not have a camera crew chase car following us around... Notice a lot of their stuff barely makes half of their trips, and some have left them stranded only a couple of miles out of the gate. Either way it is a super fun show and David and Mike are the perfect hosts.

I think it would be super fun to take a bunch of my car/truck nut friends and go find a hulk somewhere and do the very same thing. Hmmm I know where a couple 50's Chevy trucks are sitting right now... That gives me an idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I would be up for an extended C10 cruise. I would need (want) OD before heading out to AZ though. ~3k @ 65 gets old beyond 30min across town runs.
Yeah I've been thinking about getting an overdrive or maybe finding a 4L80 or 85E and making life a lot easier. Your right 3K at 65 is no good! Rather buzzy and hard to hold a conversation! Or maybe we should just do that trip a bit slower and save our pennies...
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote