Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #248
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Well, you have to do what you have to do
Who are we to tell YOU what to do??
I only told you what I Personally should do, nothing more. You asked
yeah I know but all of you guys are such master crafters that I almost feel ashamed posting here..that being said, I do have a clear goal and that is to get this truck technically ok and it's my learning object. Probably when it's finished, I'll rip it apart again and start over

here we go; got some more repairs done to the bed. Not my cleanest job ever, but its only the bed, so I'm not to fussy about it.
When I removed the old repair patch a big hole underneath showed up, so I first wanted to ad some structural strength to it. So I welded a 0.08" plate in there

Then I cut out a piece from the '74 Bed and came to the conclusion that the shape of the humps are not the same as my '69 bed, there not as high and they're slightly closer together..bummer, but I had to make do.
So I ligned them up as good as I could and welded them in.

Here is the left side open

And repaired

Then I turned my attention to the front mounting bolt holes, which were al rotten. I took two fat body rings and welded those in. again not the most esthetic looking, but its solid an gets the job done.

More holes to close, but gotta pick up a new MIG bottle as I have depleted the current one
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote