View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #122
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Alright, al...just one alright...this will be a very small update.

So it's been a while, i.e. life has caught up! When you have 3 girls playing indoor soccer and one of them is on a travel league, time gets eaten up fast! On top of it I committed to the wife to gut and remodel one of my mother-in-law's bathrooms, haven't had any time for the truck! I've at least made an effort to keep up to speed on the forum!

So I have put myself in a small dilemma, a good dilemma, but a dilemma nonetheless...

So the first pic is of a 3rd row bench seat I got out of an astro van from Pick n Pull for $85. Really like these seats and wasn't really looking for others... (sniff back when the truck was in one piece)

So the second pic is of a 3rd row out of a tahoe I picked up yesterday for $80at a yard sale, while on the way to the inlaws to work. (actually $75 but a gave the little girl working the sale $5 tip cuz she helped talk her mom down from $100)

So pros and cons:

Astro Seat:
Pros- Armrests and cupholder in the console. correct width
Cons- Cloth. Need to fab shoulder seatbelt

Tahoe Seat:
Pros- Leather. Shoulder belt already mounted
Cons- No cupholder. No armrests.

Hey cupholders are important!

So I can make both colors work as I was going with a grey/pewter interior. Also I will use one in a later project. I've got a TON of kids/nieces/nephews that are looking for classics when they start driving.

ahh dilemmas...

Anyway, the bathroom is almost done and I should get some more free time.

Stay tuned...
Attached Images