Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #2925
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
This is my first time going through your build thread; there's lots of great content! I just have a few comments: You've got a killer truck. Your shop extension is quite impressive, looks like a great place to work and hang out, or live (haha)? That nephew of yours has a neat little '67, you have to keep us up to date on that one if he doesn't. Lastly (and just out of curiosity), why do you have the steering wheel in your truck oriented like that?
Thanks for checking out my thread and thanks for the compliment. About the steering wheel.(thank you for bringing attention to it....) I installed it before the alignment shop finished their work. I never re aligned it after the alignment. I figured someone would have asked before you. It never bothered me but it's on the list of maintenance.

One thing I will add, I've done many partial restorations and repaints. This was my first true frame off restoration. By the time I finished, I was pretty burnt out on doing anything on it. It's hard to explain but I really didn't want to touch it. That's why I've never fixed little things that bother me. Call it lazy, unmotivated or whatever. I now have a nice shop to do the list.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote