View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #610
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by my56chevytruck View Post
Then all the wiring was run under the lower radiator support to the passenger side thru a wiring loom I made. This keeps the wiring our of the weather and out of sight.
Mine will be up along the fender top inside edge in tube -so it should be good and safe. then it will run just under the top radiator support across to the other side for headlamp and signals. Yours looks clean with the stock inner fenders. My innners are going to be all new sheet metal and formed to fit around the headers and new upper A-Arms.... just gotta be custom!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccreddell View Post
The ones Ive seen just were a spacer made out of wood. Ive even seen guys lay their fenders on a sheet of plywood and trace it out and cut it. a little bondo and paint and its invisible. You can get plywood up to an inch and a half pretty easily, or just stack two 3/4-or less, depending what you need.
Yea I was thinking of wood, then tacking metal over it but just alot of welding. Kinda screws up the step attachement too.... Im just gonna take the axle apart and drill the flanges. Seems easiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug224 View Post
Wandering back through your build and rediscovered you hood modification. Incredible undertaking with great results!!!
Thanks Dug - It was a head scratcher at first trying to figure out the best way.... but once we decided, we just started cutting and welding.... My favorite mod of this build.