View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 01:27 AM   #2417
El Dorado Jim

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I'm in central California, Lake Isabella,close to Kernville off the 178 about an hour north of Bakersfield. It's beautiful up here but the weather can get nasty and the roads get closed.

I sit in my office and look at the view. The mountains, the horse's running around. It's just beautiful. Not like the city. I like it.

It's a big lake, I ran out out of gas in the middle of it once. It's big. That was a lot of fun

I was lucky some guys came by and towed me in, but close to the shore they hit some dirt or something and their boat stopped. Mine didn't and I smashed into them. No brakes on a boat.

Luckily there was no damage.

I was just ticked off because I had loaned my boat out to my friend and he told me there was plenty of gas in it.

It's different up here, who says it doesn't snow in California.

My place (the ugly Toyota is not mine)

nice place to live!!!would be nice to live on a big lake...!and yes it snows in Ca, we are only about 1600 ft. elevation and we got 8" one year, normally we only get dusted , you are a few hours from me maybe four-five i guess, wouldn't be too bad if there is a truck up this way you like, have you decided on 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton? I like my 3/4 ton 4x4's, you can haul more and they can tow more...love the looks too....I could take a look at one for you if you find one on craigslist that you really like,if it isn't too far away from me around Sacramento area is fine