View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #431
71threequarterton

Re: 8 lug wheels - what's on YOUR truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
I think there is a slight difference in the hub size between the older trucks & newer. Since the H2 & your 2001 HD probably have the same axle, it would stand to reason that they would fit.
To the best of my knowledge, the Dana 60 full floater hubs stick out further than the GM corporate 14 bolt full floater.

If you have the Dana 60, I would highly recommend measuring before you buy wheels just to discover the caps don't clear.

If you look at the pictures, I have both sets of these hub caps. I learned the hard way that the newer gold and black caps don't clear my Dana 60. I believe they started putting the GM corporate 14 bolt on trucks in the gold and black hub cap era.

So I had to spend considerably more for the period correct caps with the blue bow tie - I like them but they are harder to find and usually cost much more unless you get lucky and find a good bargain.

In my experience, the Dana 60 full floater is a challenge when it comes to fitting caps, whether they're factory hub caps or center caps that come with aftermarket wheels.
Attached Images

71 Chevrolet C20
94 GMC Yukon 4x4

Last edited by 71threequarterton; 04-18-2017 at 12:47 AM.
71threequarterton is offline   Reply With Quote