View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #132
kehstr

Re: 1972 gmc 2wd highlander with original paint

Now for this weekend's progress
Nothing really big was done, just a bunch of little odds and ends.
Driver side inner fender mounted and hopefully there for good. Reproduction inner fenders have the right shape, but they CANNOT figure out how to get the holes in the right spot, but thank goodness someone invented a die grinder.
Name:  101_1824.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  65.0 KB
Then I got my computer bracket in. To mount it we drilled 2 holes in the inner fender, put a 1/4" bolt through the hole, using the right amount of washers and nuts we got the bracket spaced away from the fender enough so that it sits flat and doesn't bend with the contour of the inner fender. If you do this you need to be sure that you have enough washers that the computer mount is not bent at all, otherwise, the computer will not go in. Ask me how I know
Name:  101_1826.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  58.8 KB
Then got the TAC module mounted. I just drilled 3 holes in the inner fender and bolted it down with 1/4" nuts and bolts. Instead of using washers to space it away from the inner fender like I did with the computer, I bent the tabs until they sat flat on the inner fender.
I also got the parking brake all set up, except for what needs to be done at the wheels.
Name:  101_1828.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  71.7 KB
Then I got the fuse box, junction block, grounds, and battery tray mounted
Name:  101_1829.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  34.6 KB
Then through the passenger inner fender in to see how it fits, and oval these holes so it can be bolted up. Yes, it will be coming back off so the passenger fender can be finished up. Oh and I also forgot to say that my dad was able to get the AC lines finished up. The only thing left to do on the AC before we charge it would be to crimp the hoses on, which we don't want to do until we get the engine bay all finished up, just to make sure that they don't interfere with anything.
Name:  101_1830.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  61.2 KB

Check out my Youtube channel
@Chad's Fab

Last edited by kehstr; 04-23-2017 at 08:23 PM.
kehstr is offline   Reply With Quote