View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #31
webfoot

Re: The project with no name - 1970 K20

It looks like my overcharging issue is fixed. I installed a delco 12si internally regulated alternator this past weekend after the truck stalled and wouldn't start at an intersection. 2 guys jumped out of their car and helped me push it into a gravel lot and gave me a ride up to my house. I popped the hood and could hear the battery boiling.

The end of the hose clamp holding the lower radiator hose on interfered with the alt belt (I have a LWP setup) and caused it to flip which ruined the belt and also caused the PS belt to flip, so now I have to get 2 new belts. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.. Its nothing new is it!

I bought a new high hump off the board to replace the hacked up one I have. I think mine is a low hump so the trans sits way too high and the T-case hole was butchered in so I can't even screw the boot retainer ring down. I decided while I was at it I should also replace the molded vinyl "carpet" which is old, dirty and starting to crack. I ordered the ACC brand in grey since it will match the seats well and something different than black which is in every old ride I have owned.

Did I say I wasn't going to do my spray-in bedliner? After hearing what this costs I decided to order a kit from TCP global. This comes with tint to make it charcoal metallic so it will match the upper bed and cab, and mixes 4 liters and includes the hardener and schutz gun for $185. I figure with the short step bed it won't be too much work cleaning it up and scuffing. People 6' tall or so can see into the bed but it looks horrible in the driver's seat.

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote