View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: LS swap radiator, other than entropy and R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
what OEM-style radiator that has been produced in the past 60 years can't support 2 fans in a shroud or a tranny cooler?
Theres the thermal efficiency which is its own argument. I'll instead address all the other stuff.

Plenty of vehicles don't have fluid passages for a trans cooler. Some was an option, others were HD use only...and plenty had M/T. If you want to run without a dedicated trans cooler, you'll want a place for it in the rad.

The AD and earlier rad's would be too small for most of the cheaper large diameter electric fans, so to run 2 fans, your going to the smaller units (they still work, but not everyone wants to spend the extra $ for that, just to retain an old rad style, if they have to buy a radiator anyway. )

I'll be vain and add that copper is kinda ugly under the hood if the style doesn't fit the look of the truck/engine.
Aluminum is also strong, light, and easy to repair (more guys know a TIG welder than they do guys with brazing skills)

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote