View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #37
Steve1954

Re: Questions about an inherited '72 project

Truck is in Missouri not Texas. They can't find title. Ran the vin on a couple of those vin check sites - it comes up not found. Checked with DMV website and I can probably get an abandoned vehicle title but since the frame vin is not going to match the body vin, the DMV would probably have to issue a "new vin" on the title which would show both vins (I am unclear on this, it was confusing)
Truck Bed. Found another bed on a truck bed trailer in the pasture which is in better shape than the one in the driveway. It at least still has the wood bed strips although rusty.
Cab: Cab is up front of garage now. Doors are still on wall but I can't get a ladder in yet to haul em down. Hood, radiator support, grill, fenders. Interior door panels for '69 and '72. three steering columns, four steering wheels. couple of instrument cluster frames and a speedometer.
Engine: Two engines, two transmissions. One of the engines in the garage looks like it has an automatic transmission with a transfer case married. Holley carb, water pump, power steering pump, no brake parts yet (booster, master cylinder etc)
Bolts and fasteners: Found two buckets of bolts and Hood hinges. No door hinges or latches.
Found a Chiltons for 67-72 and a couple others with book marks in the pages.

Every time I find some objection to rebuilding the dang thing, I find the solution - it is like she wants to be rebuilt.
Probably won't make a decision till I haul all the stuff out of the rafters. three 4x8 sheets of plywood up there with stuff stacked.

Oh, I forgot. I found a radio - and I thought, perfect, that is all I really need anyway

Last edited by Steve1954; 04-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Steve1954 is offline   Reply With Quote