View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #3
super_kev
Wonder Boy

Well I went and saw them today. It's not exactly ready to paint, but everything's dissasembled and the one shortbed (for 2500) is a rolling chassis that has been painted, and there is a fresh rebuilt 350 with a TH400 on it. It has a cab and fenders that are sitting in the garage halfway done. The bed isn't in the best shape (outside) with a few dings here and there.

The other two are a shortbed and a longbed. He has a ton of doors and fenders for them, but some are a little old, and so I'm wondering if anyone makes repo sheet metal fenders and bed parts. I know they do for our early 70s K5s, trucks, and burbs. All I've been able to find (from Chevy Duty anyways) is fiberglass, and in my opinion, fiberglass is for the birds.

How about prices? I don't want three hanging around (that would be cool, but can't afford it) so I was thinking finishing the first shortbed that's pretty much ready to paint (just have to finish a little bodywork on the cab, and on the front fenders.) Any ideas on what I could get for this? I know the answer would be "whatever people want to pay" but what's the average ballpark price? The sheet metals is original, etc. so maybe $10-15K? I know some show ones get $25K and up, but I'm not chrome plating the whole car. Just trying to keep it original, sell it, and then fix up the other two to keep.