Thread: "The Convict"
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 01:50 AM   #167
85raiderburban

Re: "The Convict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Got the Big Block in!! Thanks to the help of my dad! It looks gooooooood! Sadly the headers wont fit my truck, so I'm probably gonna just run factory exhaust manifolds for now.
Feels great to upgrade, i know the feeling also. Just wanted to mention,the photos attached here show a Mark IV (68-1990) 454. No Gen V (1991-1995) had a mechanical fuel pump on the side of the block like your does. The only 454 newer than 1990 that had that provision was the aftermarket Vortec 7.4 L29 (1996-2000 Gen VI). The factory blocks did NOT feature this. And i doubt that is what you have as that iron boat anchor intake you have on there is a factory smog motor intake. My RV bb had this one until i swapped it out for a rectangle port 396 aluminum intake. Just sayin.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
Interesting I'm curious how well that works out long term. I can understand a race vehicle but seems like a daily driver would get tiresome after a while.
it doesnt, i shift mine manually with these toggle switches. Having to prgram a damn computer would get tiresome especially when it keeps throwing codes and puttin tranny in limp mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
I never realised how crappy the quadrajunk was..
When their clogged up and on they're last leg, it can be that way suddenly out the blue. Been there done that. But i still got an 800 cfm QJ on my bb. Throttle pin bypassed, those soda can sized secondaries really wake it up. Yours probably only had the primaries opening. A QJ can also be hacked to 900 cfm, that is if your into sloppy mechanix.
85raiderburban is offline   Reply With Quote