View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
my56chevytruck

Re: choosing a two post lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj8198 View Post
Thanks for all the good info. I'll definitely have thicker footings poured. The concrete bill is already through the roof so a few more inches won't hurt. The shop floor will be a four inch's thick so should I make the lift pads 6? How much larger do I want the pads to be in relation to the mounting surface?

Are smaller cars harder to lift with the wide lift?

I need a few more pros vs cons about symmetrical vs asymmetrical. I'm still not sure which one is more appropriate when and why.
I've had a 2 post Rotary lift for years and it's the A-symetrical style. The concrete is 6" whereas the rest of my concrete is 4". The rated lift weight max is 7500lbs, so anything I own is fine. I've had suburbans on it and no issues to date. I would also suggest you buy a few rubber pads to lay onto the mounting plates. this keeps it away from metal to metal surfaces. What I've always been told is the symetrical style is typically used for very long wheelbases. What are you planning on lifting?? Also mine is run on 120vac. The arms are telescopic so lifting small vehicles are no problems.

Last edited by my56chevytruck; 05-06-2017 at 10:13 AM.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote