View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #352
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
Any new updates?
I have been working but it's all been little detail stuff or boring stuff but I will go ahead and bring this thread up to date. I'm at a point right now where I need to spend some substantial money to see real progress.

I'm ready for an engine management system, American Auto wire classic update kit to completely wire the truck, VHX gauges and Accuair air management. That's 5 grand right there but I have been working a ton of overtime so hopefully I will have everything in the next few weeks.

I recently finished up my trans cooler hard lines. My convertor should flash to 3600 so I also wanted to plumb in an auxilary cooler to control the heat.

Like I mentioned the other day, I ended up changing my rear notch brace so I could move my rear bags inboard. I got the lower mounts set up this weekend and got them welded in. Rear end is painted and back under the chassis.

And lastly, I finished up the Vintage Air install. Everything inside of the cab is installed and wired. I still need to make my lines from the firewall forward and wire the trinary switch but I plan to wait on that until I have the cab and inner fenders installed so I know how I want to route everything.

I really hope to have some substantial updates really soon. My goal of wanting to test fire the engine by Memorial Day is still possible but I may need a miracle to make it happen.

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote