View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:16 AM   #34
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Mk,gk father son k10 build

BooYah! All right it's on now! I bet that was a little queasy to make that first cut.

Still, good progress! Way to go!

Do yourself a favor while the cab is off and you can access everything. Roll that beast outside and give it a good bath. Degrease the cocoon of old gear oil off the t-case and trans. (Dollar store oven cleaner is killer for this- yes it works and it's a buck a can) Get that frame clean prep it with some primer and fog that sucker black with some rattle can tractor paint. The tractor paint is oil based enamel and is way tougher than the standard krylon stuff you can pickup at home depot or Lowes. Find a Big R or Tractor Supply store. I'm partial to the stuff Big R sells. This stuff: http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tracto...torenamel.html
Stain Black is just right for the frame, suspension, and axles. This stuff is really tough. Get it all painted now before you cover it up as it's a bigger pain to do when the box and cab are on. It will make cleanup after trail rides much easier and you'll be able to spot leaks in a snap. It's totally worth it in the end. Just use a respirator that tractor paint is some foul stuff to spray. I used rattle cans, but I know your Dad has a paint gun so you could buy it in quart or gallon cans and spray it that way.

Last edited by Zoomad75; 05-09-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote