View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #70
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttin up View Post
I feel ya on the remodeling stuff. Just when I think I'm done the wife finds something else.

Your plan of attack is what I've always done. Look it over, clean it, check for play, re gasket, and go. Depends on how much sludge is in the bottom end, I'd just hit it with brake clean. Just make sure you get all of the oil passages clean. As for a starter, I've not had luck with the mini starters (too much compression, it would push it away from the flex plate) and have always had to go back to the big ol chevy starter. HEI is the way to go, just one wire to hook up and good to go.
Yea its honestly never ending and I still need to wire lights and 220 in the garage

The sludge isn't to bad just a couple clumps inside just wasn't sure whats safe to spray in there. Any other tips on cleaning the motor up would be greatly appreciated.

That sucks to hear about the starter, I have about half a inch of clearance between the frame and starter on the lowest setting. I'm just worried with running rubber motor mounts the motor torquing over and the starter tapping the frame rail. I can always run poly bushings also I guess.
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote