View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #48
Coley

Re: 72 gmc c30 machine shed find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard60 View Post
What would you guys do to fix this I was wondering maybe a lite sanding epoxy primer and shoot some paint to the line where the door closes just don't want it start rusting thru. I only want to protect it.
Ok...if you want those rockers to stay solid, then let another 'rust adverse' Canuck offer up some 'preservation tips' to keep the rust away.
First, you'll have to slide under both sides of the truck cab in the rocker area on your back (...but at different times...lol), so you are looking back and up at the vertical back surface of the rockers...this is the separate inner plate.
If you follow where this vertical surface meets the outer curved rocker at the bottom seam you will find two small drain slots...probably 1/2" or 3/4" long....about 24" apart or something like that.
Get a can of 'Rust Check' or 'Krown' from your local Canadian Tire...then using the red plastic spigot tube spray the rust check up in there at an angle, fore and aft, and in both directions....both slots....and apply liberally in a pattern. Be careful to hang onto the spiggot or you will shoot it up in there.
At some point the rust check will start to drip out of these areas....no worries...this is ok. You will also probably get a little dirty and have some of the rust check drip back on you...but no worries...you are doing the right thing.
This is 'tip of the iceberg' as to what I do every winter on my truck in various nooks and crannies to keep the tin worm away and it has always kept my trucks solid.

Check it out....all good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Coley; 05-10-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote