View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #307
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Apologies for the non-truck related post, but I thought I would share a bit of a cautionary tale.

My Mum always says “never say never, you’ll live to regret it” and I must say I try hard to live by this but now and again I suffer a lapse or two. Previous lapses have included, "I’ll never go to see Dianna Ross", "I’ll never shave my head". "I’ll never wear a pink tie" (the list goes on)

Now, in the UK before you can ride a motorcycle on the road you must pass your Compulsory Basic Training test(CBT), this allows you to ride on the road but you are limited to the size and power of the motorcycle until you pass a full test. A couple of weeks ago my wife passed her CBT and has bought a motorcycle, “Hun” she said “you’ll have to get another bike too so you can ride with me”. She didn’t have to ask twice.

And so, to my most recent lapse, anyone who knows me will know I love motorcycles and especially the air cooled “big twin” variety. A year or two back I was out for dinner with friends and (and I do recall saying this) I said “I will never buy a liquid cooled Harley, Harley’s should be air cooled”.

Well what do you know, look what showed up at my house today. In my defence, I got a really good deal on it.

Name:  Harley3.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  harley1.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  Harley Street.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  50.6 KB

I don’t think I’ll regret this one.