View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #177
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

had a great couple weekends with the family, fixed up my office with a bed and finished the bathroom so a close family friend could stay with us a couple weeks, new job here in town, he is from tulsa.

got some work done previously, the daughter who steals the phone cord is on summer break and never home (mostly) so I picked up another cord.

pulled the doors apart, the windows were jammed and the passenger latch had sat in the field with the window slightly down and the door handle at a 45 degree droop. the latch refused to work, penetrant didnt work, 50/50 acetone/tranny fluid didnt work, heat didnt work.

I pulled the latch and soaked it in vinegar for about a week. it looked better but didnt work still. I ground out the attachments and started grinding out serious rusty crust.

I had to tack weld it back together since the way it was assembled previously was with little tabs that got smashed over to make the assembly. easy peasy though. I replaced the compression spring inside so the door handle would stay at 90 degrees, it is really smooth now

works great now, inside handle hooked up and working. need to install the new window weather stripping/felts because the way the assembly works is to put the window in the channel and then put in the regulator/door latch assembly. I picked up the window kit and some stainless 55 taillights from bowtie bits today.

pedals in and hooked up

you might notice I am missing about 1/3 of the floor.

I have another in the parts pile but rather than "paying it forward" like I always do and borrowing parts from the next truck, I decided to make the missing piece. I picked up a sheet of 20 ga and made a wooden buck to pound on.

I also got the kydex installed in the grille area to make the air scoop to the radiator, and picked up all the fittings to hook up the trans cooler. I also cut another set of 47-54 s10 mounts for a local guy, that took the rest of the day.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote