View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #100
hewittca

Re: Rusty76 and his '76

I'm going to bring this back to the top for some inspiration. I've found that on my builds, I need to keep it on a short cycle between working on it and just enjoying driving it. If I go more than 2-3 months where the truck is in the garage on stands with ongoing repairs, I start to lose interest in completing the repairs and get anxious to drive it again. This mentality really drives the plans I have for my truck and allows me to accept them better. Sure, I'd absolutely love to have a full show stopping truck with new paint, interior, LS engine, wheels, suspension, etc., but the time it would take me to get there would realistically be longer than a lifetime. So, I find myself content with the very simple build plans I do have, and try to keep the major projects down to the necessary repairs, like my current transmission repair. I even find myself really enjoying simple tasks like picking out hardware to go along with certain projects. If I can find any simple way like that to work on the truck an hour or two every few days, I feel like I'm making progress. If I were you, I'd keep yourself engaged in the project in any way you can, even with small tasks, and eventually you'll get her running again. Whether that means going and picking up your 400 and bringing it home to put in a few minutes worth of work on it every day, or finding another motor to throw in there for the time being. It sounds like you enjoy driving it as much as working on it like me, so I think getting it back on the road would really help to rejuvenate and clarify your feelings towards the truck and what your build plans are. And hey, if you ever need a hand to throw in a motor or something, let me know, I'm not to terribly far away!
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote