View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
Reps4Days

Post Vin decoding help

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anybody has experience decoding vins. Quite a few years back I got (what I was told anyway) a 1946 chevy pickup cab from my grandfather. The cab came off a commercial truck (I assume to be over 1 ton). I decided to start making a rat rod due to having limited experience and being in college (just graduated!) with limited funds to do a lot.

This week I started it for the first time, and am hoping to have it on the road at some point this summer. I have two plates, one of which I believe to be the original vin tag (came off the firewall) but about half of it has been broken off. What's left is barely readable except for a few numbers that weren't cut off in the bottom right hand corner. I also have a plate that was inside the door. This is complete and easily readable. The plate inside the door has the following stamped into it: 2FK-E 3081. The last of the characters I can read on the other plate are: *cutoff* 0S1 10756

With the research I've done, the 2 indicates it was built in New York, the F was indicating a 1948, and the K was a fleetmaster, which wouldn't make sense. If anybody has any suggestions that could help me depict what it actually is I have, that would be great!

Respectfully,

Cody A. Gibbs
Reps4Days is offline   Reply With Quote