View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #128
hewittca

Re: Introduction, nostalgia, and '68 build, oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Looks great. Love the plans to match the bed and it looks like the marker patches came off cleanly. I'm taking a slightly different approach. I want my truck as straight as can be, but with a light patina with a semi gloss clear, and, of course, the Jesse James Chevrolet logos will all be going back on.

I actually thought about buying those sides as well, but at the time, I had a decent set I was trying to save until that stupid nice long bed I bought came along.
I definitely like both approaches. If I were to do another one, I would want a shiny straight truck, but this particular truck is so clean I wanted to preserve as much of it as possible, imperfections and all. Well, aside from lopping off 20" from the bed of course... These bedsides were perfectly imperfect for that approach. I think you made the right choice by passing on these as they would have been a chore to straighten out, plus then I wouldn't have had any bedsides to pick up locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrutay View Post
Been following along in Instagram. Nick truck!
Thank you! I enjoy the forum much more than Instagram, so I keep this more up to date than Instagram.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote