View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #143
hewittca

Re: Introduction, nostalgia, and '68 build, oh my

Well, it seems every time I set a date for paint something derails it. I was all ready for today to paint the bed, but on my way to my dad's house the transmission decided to give up on me. I knew this would happen eventually, but was hoping it wouldn't be such an inconvenience as this. The problem was, my powerglide has been slipping between LO and HI and it's been taking longer and longer for HI to finally grab, until today when it wouldn't grab at all. The trans would shift out of LO fine but it felt like it was shifting into neutral. No amount of playing with the throttle or shifter would engage HI. So, my dad swung by with his '75 dually and hauled my truck back to his house. Although I was bummed, my kids loved helping us load up the truck.

We are just doing a stock trans rebuild on this powerglide so I will skip all the boring generic details...

...and cut straight to the issue. Notice anything wrong about this clutch pack? As in, there are basically no clutches on HI, and this is the good side! The opposite side of the clutches were wiped clean and polished to a nice shine. I guess full throttle revs in HI with no friction material will do that.

Now it's time to play the waiting game for parts to start showing up. I suppose I should clean these parts too while I wait...
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote